This course is conducted online. You can take your exam on one of the advertised dates below, in-person in Dallas at no additional cost. WSET also offers the online exam option for Levels 1 and 2 at a supplement cost of $45.
You can find the course dates and the registration form for the WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits Online Course and Examination at the bottom of this page.
Topics covered in the WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits Online Course
- Week 1: Production & Markets; Service & Cocktails; Responsible Drinking
Discover how spirits are made and the influence of production methods on the style of spirit
produced. Learn to taste and describe spirits using the WSET Systematic Tasting Techniques
Approach to Tasting.
Learn about some of the common techniques used in making cocktails.
Includes a guide to sensible drinking.
- Week 2: Fruit Based Spirits; Sugar Cane Based Spirits
Brandies: Cognac, Armagnac, Brandy de Jerez and Pisco; Grappa; Calvados; Rum and
- Week 3: Whisk(e)y & Tequila
Whiskies: Scotch, Irish, North American; Tequila.
- Week 4: Vodka; Flavoured Spirits; Liqueurs
Vodka: International, Eastern European and flavoured Vodka;
Flavoured Spirits: Gin, Aniseed-flavoured spirits and bitters;
Fruit, herb, kernel/seed/nut and cream liqueurs.
- Week 5: Spirits & Liqueurs; Revision
Revision & Examination Preparation
How the WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits Online Course is conducted
- The course itself is conducted online. You can take your exam in-person in Dallas, TX at no additional cost, or online at a date and time of your choosing at an additional cost of $45.
- It is a 5-week structured online learning program. You can communicate with your instructor and classmates on an online platform during this 5-week window. Even after your course end date, you can access the course material for 1 year from your date of registration.
- The course modules should be followed in order, but you are free to complete the modules at your own pace. There are no set times to log into the course.
- During the course, you participate in student activities including weekly tasks, group tasting area, multiple choice feedback tests and videos. Each week includes a series of independent and/or group activities.
- You can post your tasting notes in the Online Classroom for review by the educator.
How and when you take the WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits Exam
- You can take your exam in-person in Dallas, TX at no additional cost, or online at a date and time of your choosing at an additional cost of $45.
- When you go to the registration page (see below) for the course, you can select your exam date along with your course dates. Your chosen exam date must be later than your course end date.
- Your in-person exam will take place at the indicated date and time at an exam venue in Dallas, TX and the address will be communicated to you approximately 2 weeks before your scheduled exam date. If you choose the online exam option, you can do it at a date of your choosing as long as you let us know at least 22 days in advance.
- You are expected to arrive at the exam venue on the scheduled date and time with your photo ID, two pencils and an eraser.
- WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits Exam contains 45 multiple choice questions to be completed in 1 hour. The passing score required to receive the WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits Certificate is 55%.
- The exam process takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes, including the exam instructions and the 1-hour multiple-choice test.
- You will receive your exam result via email approximately 3 weeks after your exam date. Receiving your certificate may take one or two additional weeks since the certificates are first sent from London to Dallas for us to mail them to your individual address.
The cost of WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits Online Course and Exam
The course fee of $515 includes:
- online course access for 1 year from the date you receive your login credentials
- WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits study pack (e-book version is included, $15 shipping is added for the print version)
- WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits Exam (in-person version)
Spirits are not provided in the online course.
How to register for the WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits Online Course and Exam
- You must be at least 18 years of age by the time of your course start date.
- Fill in the form below where you will also be prompted to select your course and exam dates. WSET London requires us to send in all student details at least 5 business days before the start of the course date. Please register at least 7 business days in advance of your course start date so that we have enough time to transfer your details to the London office.
- Within 5 days of your registration on our website, you will receive an email from us with your online access information for the course.
- You will have access to the course material for 1 year after your registration, however you can communicate with your instructor only during your course dates, and the course materials will become read-only after your course end date.
Please use the form below to register for WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits Online Course and Exam
Fees and requirements for Level 2 Exam re-take on a date where an exam is already scheduled
Registration Deadline: At least 15 business days prior to exam date. After the registration deadline, all exam orders are final.
Rescheduling/Resit Fee: $130.00 plus tax (For students who took the course at Dallas Wine Education Center and failed a previous exam.)
Online Exam: $175.00 plus tax
Postponement Period: Students have 12 months from the start of their course to sit the exam; thereafter another exam fee applies.
Private Exam: Proctor fees in addition to exam fees apply. Send an email to email@example.com to schedule a private exam and inquire about the related exam fees.