These are optional practice sessions that are conducted live online by Dilek Caner, Master of Wine and are currently only for WSET Level 3 Wine Course (online or in-person) students who are registered with Dallas Wine Center.
The goal is to have the WSET Level 3 students grasp the learning material more deeply, and help them prepare for the exam more efficiently and effectively. This approach has helped Dallas Wine Center to have a much higher pass rate for all parts of the exam when compared to the average of all WSET schools worldwide.
Source: WSET Examiners’ Report 2018
How can you better prepare for the WSET Level 3 Award in Wine Exam?
In the academic year 2017-2018, less than 56% of the students who took the WSET Level 3 exam passed it.
WSET Level 3 Exam consists of 3 parts:
- A blind tasting of 2 wines
- A multiple choice exam of 50 questions
- An essay-style exam with 4 short answer questions where each question is divided into multiple parts.
While most students are concerned about their tasting ability at the beginning of the course, according to WSET’s yearly statistics, it is the short-answer part of the exam that presents the greatest challenge for the majority of the candidates.
Once again, Dallas Wine Center’s online sessions are optional, and they are not a requirement to pass the course. However, we believe that the approach we use in these sessions has helped our students achieve a significantly higher pass rate than the average of all WSET schools worldwide.
How do Dallas Wine Center’s online meetings prepare you for the exam and help you learn better?
- The sessions focus on the essentials of each topic, helping you come up with a better study plan for the Multiple Choice part of the exam.
- They help you adopt the analytical style required in answering the Short Answer part of the exam.
- The sessions review the tasting grid and help you acquire the best practices in writing the Tasting portion of the exam.
How are Dallas Wine Center’s online meetings conducted?
Before a session:
- You are given the list of the topics of focus and a few practice short-answer questions. (For example, the topic for that session will be Bordeaux and one of the practice questions will be “List three major varieties used in making red Bordeaux and explain each of these varieties’ contribution to the blend.”)
- You read/study through the topics and attempt as many questions as you can before the session.
- You are also asked to submit a tasting note written in the WSET Level 3 exam style.
- Your instructor collects the answers to the practice questions and tasting notes via email from everyone prior to the session.
During a session:
- There is a brief review of the topics of focus, outlining the essentials for each topic, helping you develop a study plan for the Multiple Choice part of the exam.
- Your instructor posts the students’ answers for each question (anonymously) on the screen and there is a group discussion that involves critiquing and improving each answer. This is the most crucial part of the meeting as this is when you learn what type of information to include in your answers, and how to present that information.
- The session ends with a review of some tasting notes (anonymously) on the screen while the group collectively grades them and discusses how they can be improved.
How to register for Dallas Wine Center’s online meetings
If you have registered with Dallas Wine Center for one of the online or in-person sessions of the WSET Level 3 Course, you can register for the online review sessions below.
Online Review Sessions Schedule to be held online (live) by Dilek Caner MW: May – July 2019
Session 1: Tuesday, May 21, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Session 2: Tuesday, May 29, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Session 3: Tuesday, June 11, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Session 4: Tuesday, June 25, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Session 5: Tuesday, July 2, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Session 6: Tuesday, July 9, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Cost: $350 for 6 live, online sessions
Refund policy: A full refund is available up to 7 days before the start of the first session. To receive a refund, your request must be received at email@example.com latest by Monday, May 13th. No refunds will be given for cancellation requests received after Monday, May 13th.
Location: Live, online meetings through Zoom. You will be provided with a link to join the sessions.
To register, please use the button below which will take you to the payment page. You can use any credit card for payment.